Support the Stratfield PTA
Are you looking for an easy way to enhance your child’s educational experience at Stratfield School? Here's your chance. In addition to fundraising activities like book sales and auctions, the PTA relies on donations from parents like you to support the great enrichment programs we offer our kids.
The Stratfield PTA provides essential programs and services that impact your children daily. In order to continue offering these incredible enhancements to the curriculum, we need our families to donate their time and talents, and where possible, to contribute financially.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes! Your donation is 100% tax deductible and your ENTIRE donation goes directly to the Stratfield PTA.
What programs/activities will my donation support?
The Stratfield PTA offers technology grants, family fun activities, after-school programs, scholarships, school and teacher support, and grade-specific programs that help bring the school curriculum to life. Here is a partial list of grade-specific programs, student enrichment events, and school-wide events.
School Wide Events (K-5):
- CT Audubon Natures Explorers Program (CANE) brings the outside in for grades K-2
- Author Visits
- Celebrate Math, Celebrate Reading, and Science Night provides a wonderful opportunity for families to experience the joy of learning together at a fun and exciting family event.
- Fairfield Arts for Youth (FAY) brings the arts to Stratfield in assembly performances organized by the Fairfield PTA Council.
- Field trips for all grades are subsidized by our PTA funds to lower the costs for all families.
- Mill River Lab is funded, organized, and led by volunteers, who provide hands-on, outdoors, experiential teaching for grades 3-5.
- Dinorocks – An archaeologist's guide to fossil hunting and all things dino!
- Maritime Aquarium – “House for a Hermit Crab” is a hands-on experience. Students touch and witness sea life while learning how creatures live and depend on their environment for survival.
- Hightech Hightouch – “The Shadow Knows” teaches the science behind shadows.
- Maritime Aquarium – “Structures and Functions” examines such animals as crabs, sea stars, snails, and turtles. Students consider how every animal’s body is adapted to the things it needs to accomplish in order to survive.
- Stratfield Fire Department – real firefighters talk safety and cool gear.
- CT Science Center – “Let's Rock” compares and contrasts the conditions under which igneous, metamorphic, and sedimentary rocks are formed.
- Maritime Aquarium – “Life Between Tides” teaches students to read tide charts and learn how the moon influences the rise and fall of the tides. They’ll meet and touch different types of crabs, mollusks, and gastropods.
- Australia – A program filled with art, music, games and storytelling events, plus a “Didgeridoo”workshop where each child makes their own instrument.
- Journeys – Recreates a Native American home and government, plus explores dance, games, music, and more in this full-day program.
- Motoko – Japanese storyteller shares myths and folklore then visits each classroom for an in-depth lesson on Japanese history and culture.
- Dirtmeister – Small Machines Science Lab has students investigate, observe and report their findings with this hands-on-workshop.
- Camera Obscura – Tom Mezzanotte's Pinhole Camera Workshop teaches the science of photography with transfer paper and sunlight. Students create their own shoe box camera, take and develop a photograph, and learn how the first cameras were made.
- MLK Amazing Grace Play
- Fifth Grade Celebration for our graduating class includes an off-site Field Day, Memory Book, DVD, and decorations and refreshments for a special “Moving Up” ceremony.
Thank you for considering making a donation to support the Stratfield PTA!